The almost middle aged mom playlist
I am a music junkie.
I love EVERYTHING about all genres of music. HOWEVER, there are some songs that literally transport me back in time….. and I’m going to share my list with you! 🙂
So…. Here are my top flash back, middled aged mom songs…. in no particular order;)
- The Freshman, by Verve Pipe. This song actually came out when I was a freshman…. and I still love it some, omg, 20 years later???? ugh, how did that happen?
- This is how we do it, by Montell Jordan I know… this is literally on EVERYONE’S playlist… but it is probably one of the only songs that I actually don’t care who sees me dancing to it…
- I want it that way, by the Backstreet Boys. We would get into a lot of trouble staying out super late so we could listen to this whole album. I’m not even embarrassed. My 15 yr old and I listen to and sing it together now, and I LOVE that! 🙂
- Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill – This song just has a classic vibe, and it takes me back to driving around in my car with the windows down and not a serious care in the world:)
- Westside by TQ – A tribute to Tupac and Biggie, for some reason this song always reminds me of home.
- Let’s Get Married (The Remix) by Jagged Edge – super super catchy, plus it has a throwback (ha ha, throwback) with Rev. Run 🙂
- Closing Time by Semisonic this song is kind of a personal one for me. For the longest time, I always heard it when I was working at my first job, and it seemed to come on quite a few times during the day. A good friend and I decided that it was kind of our “job theme”. I later learned that it actually had a deeper meaning. When I found out, I cried. I think I was pregnant at the time. Watch the video here.
- Dance with me by 112 – I REALLY liked 112. Im pretty sure it was always in rotation in my car… in my portable cd player, where I used the tape in the tape deck to play the cd through the car lighter… or however that worked 😉
- Peaches and Cream by 112. See number 8.
- 3 am by Matchbox 20, I still LOVE this song. The lyrics tug at my heart and make me think of so many things about when I was younger.
- Lately, by Divine – I actually had several songs on their cd that I liked, and I have looked everywhere for this disc, but I can’t seem to find any of their music anywhere else!
- Good Riddance by Green Day – Because. Green Day. I could have added every song from “Dookie” to this playlist:).
- Lucky, by Britney Spears – Don’t worry, I had a dance made up for every part of this song 🙂
- Hey Ma! by Cam’ron – If this comes on any music streaming service I listen to now, I stop what Im doing, because its seriously so good!
- My love is like Wo, by Mya. Just love the beat and the message:)
- Bump, Bump Bump by B2k and Diddy. B2k reminds me of those shoes, what were they? British Knights? They were popular for a minute… wonder if they’ll be another Birkenstock 🙂
- Ghetto Superstar by Pras. This was played at probably every high school dance I’ve attended, and it is still one of my favorites:)
- More to Life by Stacie Orrico – I believe her…. Clearly there is!
- Say You’ll Be There by the Spice Girls – I actually liked a lot of their songs… And I watched their movie… more than once… Judge that!
- Swear it again by Westlife – I am pretty sure they are Christian Band, but I could care less, this is a great song.
- Unpretty by TLC – I would also put every TLC Fanmail song on this playlist, because I listened to it daily.
- Burn by Usher – Song played so much in my CD player, I’m surprised it didn’t burn by catching on fire.
- Genie in a bottle by Christina Agulerria, I could seriously list a bunch of her too…. but for this particular list, I think we better stick with her first hit.
- All I have by Jennifer Lopez and LL Cool J. Okay, For some reason, I wasn’t a huge J Lo fan, but I do really like this song!
- Where the Party at? by Jagged Edge – Because, seriously?
Okay, so there you have it. My middle aged mom flashback playlist. If you know me, or spent any time with me at any point 20 or so years ago, you most definitely love most of the songs on this list too! 🙂